Who is this course designed for?
The Balanced Muscle Strength certification course is designed for individuals studying manual muscle strength testing for the first time. It also has enough depth to satisfy the experienced muscle tester looking for a detailed review and new muscle testing variants. Muscle testing can be incorporated into your current health programs and can lay the foundation for establishing an independent or integrated muscle testing service. People that would benefit from this information include:
- Fitness instructors and body workers: Personal trainers, yoga instructors, massage therapist, group exercise instructors (spin, zumba, pilates), Alexander, etc.
- Sports: Coaches, trainers, athletes (runners, cyclists, team sports)
- Allied health professional: Physician assistants, physical therapists, nurse practitioners, podiatrists, etc.
- Practicing physicians: MD, DO, DC, ND
- Individuals: Office workers, musicians, construction, sales, etc.…
The complete course will consists of 8 units and 4 separate certifications. Each unit consists of approximately 20 hours of course content.
- Unit 1 – 12 muscle tests in the leg region + certification as a ‘Screener’
- Unit 2 – 12 muscle strength tests (Under development)
- Unit 3 – 12 muscle strength tests (Under development)
- Unit 4 – 14 muscle strength tests + certification as a ‘Regional Muscle Strength Examiner: Legs’. (Under development)
- Unit 5-8 will repeat the process in the arm region.
The following are required prior to taking your written certification exam.
- 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED
- CPR / AED online certification