This package includes both the educational webinars and the certification exams. The educational content of this live webinar series will cover the anatomy, bio-mechanics, physiology, procedures and legal environment to perform 12 key manual muscle strength tests in the lower limbs. The certification exams included with this package contains: final written exam, final practical exam, applied exam (brief internship & screening venue development).
- Educational Course: Contact the DxF for next webinar series. 21 hours total educational time split between 7 webinar sessions.
- Certification Exams: All certification exams (written, practical & applied) are done in-person at Long Island or NYC locations. Other locations can be arranged but additional charges may apply. Exact locations will be arranged as each step is completed. Make arrangements with the DxF immediately after completion of the last session of the webinar, and as each subsequent examination step is completed.
Included in this package: Downloads + Online + In-person elements
- Education content – 19 modules (as downloadable Adobe PDF)
- Forms – Sample forms for use during screenings (as downloadable Adobe PDF)
- Webinars – 7 sessions of 3 hours each
- Drill packages – 17
- Practice exams – 2
In-person Elements: Additional charges apply outside of New York City & Long Island. Contact us for other examination location options.
- Final exam – proctored
- Practical exam – with DxF examiner
- Applied exam – 1) Internship: supervised participation in 1 screening event & 2) Developing a new screening event
Who is this Webinar Certification Course package designed for?
- Experienced – For current health professionals and others who have already studied human anatomy or learned muscle strength testing through other venues. This review will cover key concepts enabling them to use muscle strength testing in their field. For those wishing to follow up with certification, this review may be all that study necessary prior to taking the DxF certification exams.
- New – For those who are new to muscle strength testing. This course will teach you key concepts, vocabulary and techniques prior to taking the certification exam.
Why learn Balanced Muscle Strength Testing?
- Better athletic performance – Olympic & top professional athletes get extensive work on muscle strength balancing to maximize their power, speed and endurance.
- Injury prevention – Whether you are a top athlete, a couch potato, or anywhere in between, having balanced muscle strength around each your joints means you will get fewer injuries.
- Disease prevention – Research shows a connection between chronic muscle strength imbalance and osteoarthritis (the ‘wear and tear’ form of arthritis). Detecting and correcting muscle strength imbalances can help prevent osteoarthritis, the number 2 reason for doctors office visits.
- Set yourself apart – If you are currently a professional in the competitive health or fitness field, you know that many therapists do not do diagnostic testing before starting clients on exercise or treatment programs. Doing diagnostic tests on your clients before beginning a therapy program helps demonstrate that the exercises you are recommending, are the ones your clients truly need.
Why take the Certification Exams?
- Public confidence – Certification demonstrates to the public your commitment and competence to do this type of testing.
- DxF Screening Program – Certification is required for those of you wishing to participate in the DxF screening program as an examiner. Participating in DxF sponsored screens builds your experience in muscle strength testing and gives your health or fitness business public exposure.
- Muscle Assessment Careers – The current BMS screener level course lays the foundation for establishing a muscle testing service in conjunction with other health or fitness organizations. With future courses from the DxF, you may be able to establish your own independent muscle strength testing business.
- DxF Affiliation – The DxF will be affiliating with organization for educational, testing and research programs. Affiliation requirements for some of these programs include having some members of the staff certified in DxF testing procedures.
People that would benefit from this information include:
- Fitness instructors and body workers: Personal trainers, yoga instructors, massage therapist, group exercise instructors (spin, zumba, pilates), Alexander, etc.
- Sports: Coaches, trainers, athletes (runners, cyclists, team sports)
- Individuals: Office workers, musicians, construction, sales, etc.…
- Allied health professional: Physician assistants, physical therapists, nurse practitioners, podiatrists, etc.
- Practicing physicians: MD, DO, DC, ND
The instructor for this webinar series is Dr. John Wallman, president of the Diagnosis Foundation. He is a chiropractic physician specializing in muscular diagnosis and treatments for over 30 years and has experience muscle testing thousand’s of patients. He is the author of the Balanced Muscle Strength Testing curriculum for the DxF.
Educational Course Content:
Anatomy & Biomechanics:
Muscle Names: 1-12
Bone Names: Lower Limb
Anatomy Regions: Lower Limbs
Bone Landmarks: Muscle Tests 1-12
Origin/Insertion/Action: Muscles 1-12
Introduction to Muscle Actions
Introduction to Balanced Muscle Strength Testing (BMST)
Muscle Strength Testing Technique
Muscle Strength & Pain Measurement Scales
Muscle Tests: 1-12
Education Technology for BMST
Screening vs. Diagnosis & Confidentiality
Intro to the Diagnosis Foundation
Certification Exam Package Details
- Participate in at least 1 DxF screening event for BMS: Lower limbs
- Role: Assistant Screener (Under supervision of certified DxF Screener)
- 6 different clients minimum examined
- Minimum of 12 muscles per exam
- Coordinate with the DxF Screening Supervisor & Screening Manager to identify a potential new screening venue
- Initiate contact with a potential new screening venue.
- Continue development with the DxF Screening Manager to successfully establish a screening event at this new venue.
Other BMST course formats
People wanting to take this course live in many parts of the world and everybody learns in different ways. To help you master muscle testing in a way that works best for you, we’ve created the following formats for the educational course:
See in the DxF Shop:
Other BMST packages
Depending on your level of muscle testing experience, knowledge of the body and career goals, there are different BMST packages available:
- Certification Course – Includes both the educational content and the certification exams. For those who want a thorough presentation of the BMST material as well as documentation of competence &/or access to DxF programs and careers. Online, CD, Printed, Webinar, Seminar
- Educational Course only – for those who want the BMST information, but do not need the documentation of competence, cannot access the exam locations and do not intend to participate in follow up DxF programs and careers. Online, CD, Printed, Webinar, Seminar
- Certification Exams only – for those who are already thoroughly familiar with the course content, and just want documentation of competence &/or access to the DxF programs and careers.
- Review only – for those who want a rapid presentation of the course content, but do not need the documentation of competence or cannot access the exam locations. Reviews are currently available in webinar & seminar formats.
Other BMST Study Tools
These may add these to one of the courses to help you master the materials or prepare for the certification exams.
Any questions? Please contact: Info@DxFoundation.org.