Seminar Intensive: Balanced Muscle Strength Testing (BMST) of the lower limbs: Screener Level This 13 hour seminar is being offered twice during the month of June. Indicate which weekend you want when you register. The seminar will cover the anatomy, bio-mechanics, physiology, procedures and legal environment to perform 13 manual muscle strength tests in the lower limbs. This seminar will cover all of the content included in our full educational course on the topic, but will present the material rapidly. Muscle tests will be demonstrated and time will be allotted for Q & A as well as practice practical exams. Recommended for people with at least some experience in exercise training and/or anatomy.
These seminars will be held at a beautiful beachfront location on the Long Island Sound.
Optional: Saturday 7 PM Sunset Wine & Cheese on the Beach $30 Enjoy watching the sailboats gliding across the waters as the sun sets while noshing cheese and sipping sangria from a private, quiet beach Includes a 1 hour informal discussion around the campfire on “Set Yourself Apart – Marketing Muscle Testing Skills”
When: Summer 2017 9am – 4pm
Where: Miller Place, Long Island, NY
Cost: $350 if registered by 6/14/14, $450 at the door
Note: This seminar package does not include any certification exam components. (i.e. written, practical or applied exams) If after taking this seminar series you are interested in becoming certified in Balanced Muscle Strength Testing: Legs:Screener, you may purchase the certification exam package separately.
Who is this Seminar Review package designed for?
- Experienced – For current health professionals and others who have already studied human anatomy or learned muscle strength testing through other venues. This review will cover key concepts enabling them to use muscle strength testing in their field. For those wishing to follow up with certification, this intensive seminar may be all that study necessary prior to taking the DxF certification exams.
- Untrained – This course is also applicable for those who are new to muscle strength testing, but have some experience with exercise training or anatomy. This intensive will help you learn the material in full, or can be used as a review of one of the full DxF courses on this topic to help you prioritize and reinforce the concepts, vocabulary and techniques prior to taking the certification exams.
Clothing & Supplies: You will be doing & receiving muscle tests on your legs. Wear comfortable clothing that you could lay on the floor with. (leggings, yoga wear, exercise clothing) Bring a yoga mat or something comparable.
Included with this seminar: Online & Download elements
- Online Elements: * Drill packages: 17 modules to reinforce the content covered in the seminar * Practice exams: 2 exams to test your retention of the seminar content
- Download Elements: (as Adobe PDF) * Seminar notes – The course content presented in 19 modules * Forms – Sample forms for use during muscle strength testing & screening * Seminar attendees will receive materials within 1 week after completion of the seminar.
Why learn Balanced Muscle Strength Testing?
- Better athletic performance – Olympic & top professional athletes get extensive work on muscle strength balancing to maximize their power, speed and endurance.
- Injury prevention – Whether you are a top athlete, a couch potato, or anywhere in between, having balanced muscle strength around each your joints means you will get fewer injuries.
- Disease prevention – Research shows a connection between chronic muscle strength imbalance and osteoarthritis (the ‘wear and tear’ form of arthritis). Detecting and correcting muscle strength imbalances can help prevent osteoarthritis, the number 2 reason for doctors office visits.
- Set yourself apart – If you are currently a professional in the competitive health or fitness field, you know that many therapists do not do diagnostic testing before starting clients on exercise or treatment programs. Doing diagnostic tests on your clients before beginning a therapy program helps demonstrate that the exercises you are recommending, are the ones your clients truly need.
People that would benefit from this information include:
- Fitness instructors and body workers: Personal trainers, yoga instructors, massage therapist, group exercise instructors (spin, zumba, pilates), Alexander, etc.
- Sports: Coaches, trainers, athletes (runners, cyclists, team sports)
- Individuals: Office workers, musicians, construction, sales, etc.…
- Allied health professional: Physician assistants, physical therapists, nurse practitioners, podiatrists, etc.
- Practicing physicians: MD, DO, DC, ND
Instructor: The instructor for this seminar is Dr. John Wallman, president of the Diagnosis Foundation. He is a chiropractic physician specializing in muscular diagnosis and treatments for over 30 years and has experience muscle testing thousand’s of patients. He is the author of the Balanced Muscle Strength Testing curriculum for the DxF.
- Anatomy & Biomechanics: Muscle Names: 1-13 Bone Names: Lower Limb Anatomy Regions: Lower Limbs Anatomy Navigation Bone Landmarks: Muscle Tests 1-13 Origin/Insertion/Action: Muscles 1-13
- Physiology: Introduction to Muscle Actions
- Applied Diagnostics: Introduction to Balanced Muscle Strength Testing (BMST) Muscle Strength Testing Technique Muscle Strength & Pain Measurement Scales Muscle Tests: 1-13
- Technology: Education Technology for BMST
- Business: Screening Procedures
- Legal: Screening vs. Diagnosis & Confidentiality
- Administrative: Welcome Intro to the Diagnosis Foundation Certification Requirements
Other BMST course formats People wanting to take this course live in many parts of the world and everybody learns in different ways. To help you master muscle testing in a way that works best for you, we’ve created the following formats for the educational course:
See in the DxF Shop: Other BMST packages Depending on your level of muscle testing experience, knowledge of the body and career goals, there are different BMST packages available:
- Certification Course – Includes both the educational content and the certification exams. For those who want a thorough presentation of the BMST material as well as documentation of competence &/or access to DxF programs and careers. Online, CD, Printed, Webinar, Seminar
- Educational Course only – for those who want the BMST information, but do not need the documentation of competence, cannot access the exam locations and do not intend to participate in follow up DxF programs and careers. Online, CD, Printed, Webinar, Seminar
- Certification Exams only – for those who are already thoroughly familiar with the course content, and just want documentation of competence &/or access to the DxF programs and careers.
- Intensive only – for those who want a rapid presentation of the course content, but do not need the documentation of competence or cannot access the exam locations. Reviews are currently available in webinar & seminar formats.
Other BMST Study Tools These may add these to one of the courses to help you master the materials or prepare for the certification exams.
Why take the Certification Exams? (These are not included in this package.)
- Public confidence – Certification demonstrates to the public your commitment and competence to do this type of testing.
- DxF Screening Program – Certification is required for those of you wishing to participate in the DxF screening program as an examiner. Participating in DxF sponsored screens builds your experience in muscle strength testing and gives your health or fitness business public exposure.
- Muscle Assessment Careers – The current BMS screener level course lays the foundation for establishing a muscle testing service in conjunction with other health or fitness organizations. With future courses from the DxF, you may be able to establish your own independent muscle strength testing business.
- DxF Affiliation – The DxF will be affiliating with organization for educational, testing and research programs. Affiliation requirements for some of these programs include having some members of the staff certified in DxF testing procedures.
Note: Continuing education is a required part of re-certification every 2 years to maintain current status. Any questions? Please contact: Info@DxFoundation.org.