Seminar Intensive: Weekend: Muscle Imbalance Testing (MIT) of the lower limbs This 13 hour seminar will cover the anatomy, bio-mechanics, physiology, procedures and legal environment to perform manual strength tests on 13 individual muscles in the lower limbs. This seminar will cover all of the content included in our full educational course on the topic, but will present the material rapidly. Time will be allotted for hands on practice and Q & A. Recommended for people with at least some experience in exercise training and/or anatomy.
Where: Your location in Long Island, Metro NY region
When: Saturday & Sunday, 9-4:30 – 13 hours total
Attendance: Up to 13 people
Cost: $1300 if purchased by 12/31/17
- No Certification Exams – This seminar package does not include any certification exam components. (i.e. written, practical or applied exams) If after taking this seminar series you are interested in becoming certified in Balanced Muscle Strength Testing: Legs:Screener, you may purchase the certification exam package separately.
- Schedule – Contact Infor@DxFoundation to see available weekends and then purchase this product to reserve your weekend.
- Additional Attendees – Price for attendees beyond 13 at the discounted price of $350/person.
Who is this Seminar Review package designed for?
- Experienced – For current health professionals and others who have already studied human anatomy or learned muscle strength testing through other venues. This review will cover key concepts enabling them to use muscle strength testing in their field. For those wishing to follow up with certification, this intensive seminar may be all that study necessary prior to taking the DxF certification exams.
- Untrained – This course is also applicable for those who are new to muscle strength testing, but have some experience with exercise training or anatomy. This intensive will help you learn the material in full, or can be used as a review of one of the full DxF courses on this topic to help you prioritize and reinforce the concepts, vocabulary and techniques prior to taking the certification exams.
- Lecture portion – Seating (writing surface) for number of attendees
- Hands on portion: 6′ x 8′ clear floor space for every 2 participants.
Clothing & Supplies:
You will be doing & receiving muscle tests on your legs. Wear comfortable clothing that you can lay on the floor with. (leggings, yoga wear, exercise clothing) Bring a yoga mat or something comparable.
Included with this Seminar Intensive: Weekend (Seminar attendees will receive materials within 1 week after completion of the seminar.)
- Lecture: 8 hours including time for Q & A
- Hands On: 5 hours of demonstrations and guided practice of muscle tests
- Online: 17 drill packages to reinforce the content covered in the seminar; 2 practice exams
- Downloads: (Adobe PDF) 19 modules of seminar notes; Sample forms for use during muscle strength testing & screening
Why learn Balanced Muscle Strength Testing?
- Better athletic performance – Olympic & top professional athletes get extensive work on muscle strength balancing to maximize their power, speed and endurance.
- Injury prevention – Whether you are a top athlete, a couch potato, or anywhere in between, having balanced muscle strength around each your joints means you will get fewer injuries.
- Disease prevention – Research shows a connection between chronic muscle strength imbalance and osteoarthritis (the ‘wear and tear’ form of arthritis). Detecting and correcting muscle strength imbalances can help prevent osteoarthritis, the number 2 reason for doctors office visits.
- Set yourself apart – If you are currently a professional in the competitive health or fitness field, you know that many therapists do not do diagnostic testing before starting clients on exercise or treatment programs. Doing diagnostic tests on your clients before beginning a therapy program helps demonstrate that the exercises you are recommending, are the ones your clients truly need.
People that would benefit from this information include:
- Fitness instructors and body workers: Personal trainers, yoga instructors, massage therapist, group exercise instructors (spin, zumba, pilates), Alexander, etc.
- Sports: Coaches, trainers, athletes
- Allied health professional: Physician assistants, physical therapists, nurse practitioners, podiatrists, etc.
- Practicing physicians: MD, DO, DC, ND
- Individuals: Office workers, musicians, construction, sales, etc.…
Instructor: The instructor for this seminar is Dr. John Wallman, president of the Diagnosis Foundation. He is a chiropractic physician specializing in muscular diagnosis and treatments for over 30 years and has experience muscle testing thousand’s of patients. He is the designer of the Balanced Muscle Strength Testing curriculum for the DxF and author of the book: Finger Exercises for Musicians.
- Anatomy & Biomechanics: Muscle Names; Bone Names; Lower Limb Anatomy Regions: Lower Limbs Anatomy Navigation; Bone Landmarks: Muscle Tests 1-13; Origin/Insertion/Action: Muscles 1-13
- Physiology: Introduction to Muscle Actions
- Applied Diagnostics: Introduction to Balanced Muscle Strength Testing (BMST); Muscle Strength Testing Technique; Muscle Strength & Pain Measurement Scales; Muscle Tests: 1-13
- Technology: Education Technology for BMST
- Business: Screening Procedures
- Legal: Screening vs. Diagnosis; Confidentiality
- Administrative: Welcome; Intro to the Diagnosis Foundation; Certification Requirements
Other BMST course formats:
See in the DxF Shop:
Other BMST packages Depending on your level of muscle testing experience, knowledge of the body and career goals, there are different BMST packages available:
- Accredited Continuing Education – The content from this course has also been formatted for post professional continuing education for license renewal. More
- Certification Course – Includes both the educational content and the certification exams. For those who want a thorough presentation of the BMST material as well as documentation of competence &/or access to DxF programs and careers. Formats: Online, CD, Printed, Webinar, Seminar
- Educational Course only – for those who want the BMST information, but do not need the documentation of competence, cannot access the exam locations and do not intend to participate in follow up DxF programs and careers. Formats: Online, CD, Printed, Webinar, Seminar
- Certification Exams only – for those who are already thoroughly familiar with the course content, and just want documentation of competence &/or access to the DxF programs and careers.
- Intensive only – for those who want a rapid presentation of the course content, but do not need certification for documentation of competence or cannot access the exam locations. Intensives are currently available in webinar & seminar formats.
Other BMST Study Tools These may add these to one of the courses to help you master the materials or prepare for the certification exams.
Why take the Certification Exams? The certification process includes: proctored written exam, practical exam (muscle testing with examiner) and applied exam (internship). The certification exams are not included in this package.
- Public confidence – Certification demonstrates to the public your commitment and competence to do this type of testing.
- DxF Screening Program – Certification is required for those of you wishing to participate in the DxF screening program as an examiner. Participating in DxF sponsored screens builds your experience in muscle strength testing and gives your health or fitness business public exposure.
- Muscle Assessment Careers – The current BMS screener level course lays the foundation for establishing a muscle testing service in conjunction with other health or fitness organizations. With future courses from the DxF, you may be able to establish your own independent muscle strength testing business.
- DxF Affiliation – The DxF will be affiliating with organization for educational, testing and research programs. Affiliation requirements for some of these programs include having some members of the staff certified in DxF testing procedures.
Note: Continuing education is a required part of re-certification every 2 years to maintain current status. Any questions? Please contact: Info@DxFoundation.org.