This seminar will teach the anatomy, bio-mechanics, physiology, procedures and legal environment to perform 12 manual muscle strength tests in the lower limbs. Muscle strength tests will be demonstrated and time will be allotted for Q & A as well as practice practical exams. Time will also be allotted for the final written, practical and part of the applied exam.
Note: Students will still need to complete a portion of the applied exam in their home region.
Who is this Certification Course seminar package designed for?
- Experienced Practitioners – For current health professionals and others who have already studied human anatomy or fitness. This course will cover key concepts enabling them to use muscle strength testing in their field even if you have never studied muscle strength testing before. It may also serve as an in depth review for those with previous experience.
- New To Field – This course is given at a pace adequate for those with no previous health or fitness background. A high school diploma is required and some college or fitness training is highly recommended.
Monday through Friday, February 3-7, 2014 9am – 4 pm daily
Final examinations take place on Friday.
Miller Place, NY (location will be e-mailed 1 week in advance)
Clothing & Supplies:
You will be testing & receiving muscle strength tests on your legs. Wear comfortable clothing that you would feel comfortable laying on the floor with. (leggings, yoga wear, exercise clothing)
Bring a yoga mat or something comparable.
Included with this seminar: Online & Download elements
* Drill packages: 17 modules to reinforce the content covered in the seminar
* Practice exams: 2 exams to take outside of class time prior to the final written exam on the last day of the seminar.
Download Elements: (as Adobe PDF)
* Seminar notes – The course content presented in 19 modules
* Forms – Sample forms for use during muscle strength testing & screening
* – These items will be distributed to participants by e-mail Monday, 2/3/14. Registration at the door is not available.
Early bird registration – through 1/1/14 = $900
1/2/14 through 2/2/14 = $1000
Registration 2/3/14 or at the door – Not available
- 18 years of age
- CPR certification from any authorized independent organization
Why learn Balanced Muscle Strength Testing?
- Better athletic performance – Olympic & top professional athletes get extensive work on muscle strength balancing to maximize their power, speed and endurance.
- Injury prevention – Whether you are a top athlete, a couch potato, or anywhere in between, having balanced muscle strength around each your joints means you will get fewer injuries.
- Disease prevention – Research shows a connection between chronic muscle strength imbalance and osteoarthritis (the ‘wear and tear’ form of arthritis). Detecting and correcting muscle strength imbalances can help prevent osteoarthritis, the number 2 reason for doctors office visits.
- Set yourself apart – If you are currently a professional in the competitive health or fitness field, you know that many therapists do not do diagnostic testing before starting clients on exercise or treatment programs. Doing diagnostic tests on your clients before beginning a therapy program helps demonstrate that the exercises you are recommending, are the ones your clients truly need.
Why take the Certification Exams?
- Public confidence – Certification demonstrates to the public your commitment and competence to do this type of testing.
- DxF Screening Program – Certification is required for those of you wishing to participate in the DxF screening program as an examiner. Participating in DxF sponsored screens builds your experience in muscle strength testing and gives your health or fitness business public exposure.
- Muscle Assessment Careers – The current BMS screener level course lays the foundation for establishing a muscle testing service in conjunction with other health or fitness organizations. With future courses from the DxF, you may be able to establish your own independent muscle strength testing business.
- DxF Affiliation – The DxF will be affiliating with people & organization for educational, testing and research programs. Affiliation requirements for some of these programs include having some members of the staff certified in DxF testing procedures.
Note: Continuing education is a required part of re-certification every 2 years to maintain current status.
People that would benefit from this information include:
- Fitness instructors and body workers: Personal trainers, yoga instructors, massage therapist, group exercise instructors (spin, zumba, pilates), Alexander, etc.
- Sports: Coaches, trainers, athletes (runners, cyclists, team sports)
- Individuals: Office workers, musicians, construction, sales, etc.…
- Allied health professional: Physician assistants, physical therapists, nurse practitioners, podiatrists, etc.
- Practicing physicians: MD, DO, DC, ND
The instructor for this webinar series is Dr. John Wallman, president of the Diagnosis Foundation. He is a chiropractic physician specializing in muscular diagnosis and treatments for over 30 years and has experience muscle testing thousand’s of patients. He is the author of the Balanced Muscle Strength Testing curriculum for the DxF.
Anatomy & Biomechanics:
Muscle Names: 1-12
Bone Names: Lower Limb
Anatomy Regions: Lower Limbs
Bone Landmarks: Muscle Tests 1-12
Origin/Insertion/Action: Muscles 1-12
Introduction to Muscle Actions
Introduction to Balanced Muscle Strength Testing (BMST)
Muscle Strength Testing Technique
Muscle Strength & Pain Measurement Scales
Muscle Tests: 1-12
Education Technology for BMST
Screening vs. Diagnosis & Confidentiality
Intro to the Diagnosis Foundation
Other BMST course formats
People wanting to take this course live in many parts of the world and everybody learns in different ways. To help you master muscle testing in a way that works best for you, we’ve created the following formats for the educational course:
See in the DxF Shop:
Other BMST packages
Depending on your level of muscle testing experience, knowledge of the body and career goals, there are different BMST packages available:
- Certification Course – Includes both the educational content and the certification exams. For those who want a thorough presentation of the BMST material as well as documentation of competence &/or access to DxF programs and careers. Online, CD, Printed, Webinar, Seminar
- Educational Course only – for those who want the BMST information, but do not need the documentation of competence, cannot access the exam locations and do not intend to participate in follow up DxF programs and careers. Online, CD, Printed, Webinar, Seminar
- Certification Exams only – for those who are already thoroughly familiar with the course content, and just want documentation of competence &/or access to the DxF programs and careers.
- Review only – for those who want a rapid presentation of the course content, but do not need the documentation of competence or cannot access the exam locations. Reviews are currently available in webinar & seminar formats.
Other BMST Study Tools
These may add these to one of the courses to help you master the materials or prepare for the certification exams.
Any questions? Please contact: Info@DxFoundation.org.