The Diagnosis Foundation (DxF) will be exhibiting and performing muscle strength & balance screenings at the NBC NY Giants Health & Fitness Expo. Muscle strength imbalances can play a key role in many different conditions such as:
- Reduced athletic & artistic performance
- Knee pain, ACL and meniscus damage
- Hip pain, bursitis, osteoarthritis and degeneration
- Foot overpronation, achilles tendonitis, chronic ankle sprains and plantar fasciitis
- Fall prevention for seniors
This free event will be taking place June 22 & 23 in MetLife Stadium in Rutherford, NJ between the hours of 11 am and 6 pm. As a follow on to this expo, you can take courses offered by the Diagnosis Foundation in muscle strength testing.
What is a Balanced Muscle Strength Screening? The DxF tests 12 individual muscles on each of your legs for strength. We are looking for any muscles that are too strong or weak compared to their neighbors. The testing process is simple, is done manually, it takes 10 minutes to do and involves no equipment. You can learn how to test for muscle strength through one of our educational or certification courses in as little as 2 weeks.
Why test for muscle strength balance? When one or more muscles is too strong or too weak compared to its’ neighbors, your joints will not remain centered properly. This will result in decreased athletic performance. That joint will not have all the strength, endurance or speed that it should. When imbalances are more severe or long lasting, you will be prone to injuries, accelerated damage in that joint and eventually osteoarthritis.
The NBC4, NY Giants Health & Fitness Expo will be held concurrently with the NJ state Fair. This is a perfect venue for people to learn about Balanced Muscle Strength. This type of strength & balance testing has been a standard procedure for major league teams and Olympic sports for many decades. Now, the Diagnosis Foundation is introducing this important athletic and health improvement technique to the public. Attendance is estimated to be between 30,000 and 50,000 over the 2 days of this event. Activities at the Expo include:
- Over 12 different health and wellness tests and screenings in the categories of muscle strength & balance, cholesterol, diabetes, osteoporosis, blood pressure, prostate, kidney disease, breast cancer, glaucoma, vision and hearing, and body fat
- fitness activities including dance demonstrations, Zumba and yoga lessons, and kicking and passing demonstrations on the field with The Giants
- family activities including a meet and greet with Giants Players and NBC Talent, healthy cooking demos with food sampling, Virtual Tour through Human Body, Giant Rock wall
- and much more!
For additional info on the event click here
To volunteer at the DxF booth, please contact: Info@DxFoundation.org